News in 2017
- We established “ Takasu Peace Prize ” in May 2017.
And the First “ Takasu Peace Prize Award Ceremony ” was held on October 4th in Dharamsala(Tibet).
Dr.Takasu conferred the prize on Dr.Lobsang Sangay, the President of Central Tibetan Administration.
- The Nigerians who are living in Japan are impressed by Dr. Takasu’s activities at the 2016 Summer Olympics and Dr. Takasu accepted a commendation as a token of appreciation from the New Ambassador of Nigeria. Dr. Takasu said,“the friendship between Nigerians and me is everlasting” when he gave the greetings.
- We donated \1 million to the Liaison Office of His Holiness the Dalai Lama for Japan & East-Asia as support funds for the central Tibetan Administration on June 26 and August 9 respectively
- In this fiscal year, as in the previous year, we provided a support again to the Non-profit Organization “Gakko-no-Sokojikara” (literally meaning “Schools’ Potential Power”) as a supporting member.
- Ms. Umeshita Kaori, the grantee about whom we have reported on March17, 2017 visited Takasu Clinic (Tokyo Branch) and expressed her gratitude to Dr. Takasu. She has been offered a scholarship for women who keep on trying without giving up.
- We received a report from a grantee who has been offered a scholarship for women who keep on trying without giving up on October24, 2014. She will present her master paper at the graduate school and will be granted a master degree. From April, she will return to the hospital where she has asked for a leave of absence and work at as an inpatients’ ward nurse. At the same time, she will also contribute articles to international journals and prepare for academic conference presentations as a visiting researcher.
- The inauguration ceremony of Sumo ring was held in grand style at Sumo Club of Osaka University to which Dr. Takasu has offered donation before. Many persons concerned attended to this ceremony including the professional Sumo RiKishi Ikioi.