News in 2014
- Takasu Fund conducts procedures for donating \5,000,000- to Tibetan Children’s Educational and Welfare Fund on November 4, 2014
- In response to the invitation to Tibetan Children’s Village (TCV) from Department of Education, Central Tibetan Administration, Dr. Takasu visits TCV in Dharamsala from November 10 to 13, 2014. This visit includes meeting with four scholarship students of Katsuya Takasu Scholarship for Tibetan Children at Center for Higher Tibetan Studies and meeting with Sikyong (Prime Minister).
- Dr. Takasu interviewed a scholarship candidate who was recognized at the board meeting held in August as a woman who keeps on trying without giving up. Subsequently to the interview, Dr. Takasu promised her scholarship during the period of her MS studies at the nursing department of Tokyo Metropolitan University Graduate School. She is to start her studies there in April 2015.
- Receives a letter from Department of Education Central Tibetan Administration concerning “Katsuya Takasu Scholarship for Tibetan Children”
- Nominated by Hiromi Go, Dr. Katsuya Takasu undergoes the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge to promote awareness of the disease amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Takasu Fund promises support for “Nonprofit Corporation Heart Space,” which promotes elimination of drunk driving
- Takasu Fund donates royalty income of \439,971 to “Medicins Sans Frontieres” from the book “Suji-to-giri-wo-toseba –jinsei-wa-umaku-iku (Coherence and loyal obligation are the key to success in life) written by Dr. Katsuya Takasu
- Takasu Fund donates \5,000,000 to Department of Education Central Tibetan Administration to promote education of Tibetan children through the Japan Office of His Holiness the Dalai Lama
※According to Department of Education Central Tibetan Administration, they plan to put the donation in their Scholarship Endowment and create a scholarship in the name of “Katsuya Takasu Scholarship for Tibetan Children” and provide a few scholarships every year from this fund. It will enable the donation to help their children on an ongoing basis for a longer time and also help their students to pursue higher studies and courses of specialization as envisioned by His Holiness the Dalai Lama.